Kedarnath Temple is located in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand, India. India is one of the holiest pilgrimages. The Kedarnath Temple is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India, and it is believed that worshipping Lord Shiva at this holy shrine brings salvation to the pilgrims. It is situated at an altitude of 3584 metres above sea level. The main part of the temple is the mandapa and the circumambulation path around the sanctum sanctorum. Outside in the courtyard, Nandi is seated in the shape of a bull vehicle. There is no authentic mention of who built the temple, but it is said that the renovation of this temple was done by Adi Guru Shankaracharya.
According to the popular legend about the Kedarnath temple, being pleased with the devotion of the Pandavas, Lord Shiva freed them from the sin of murder. It is believed that after winning the Mahabharata war, the Pandavas sought Lord Shiva's blessings to rid themselves of the murder of their brothers.One has to undertake an arduous journey to reach the temple of Kedarnath. Since there is heavy snowfall in the winter months from November to March, the Kedarnath temple remains open for six months. Kedarnath temple has great importance in Hinduism, and here every year, lakhs of devotees come to visit Bhole Baba.
We offers our best customized tour packages such as Kedarnath Tour Packages 2023, Kedarnath Helicopter tickets Tour Package, Kedarnath Tour Package with Helicopter Tickets, Kedarnath Darshan Tour Packge, Luxury Kedarnath Helicopter Packages with helicopter tickets, Cheapest Kedarnath Tour Package from Delhi and Haridwar, Kedarnath Group Tour Package by helicopter, Kedarnath Family Tour Packages, Char Dham by Helicopter Tour Package, Do Dham Helicopter Tour Packages and other tour packages so that you can explore more without any hassle i.e Kedarnath hotel bookings, booking of Kedarnath helicopter tickets, Kedarnath taxi services.
Note : This is just a suggested itinerary indicative of what could be possible. We tailor holidays for your specific needs. Please contact us if you require any changes so that we can tailor a holiday to your specific needs for an unforgettable India tour.
Kedarnath Darshan by Helicopter
Kedarnath Darshan By Helicopter is the best way to avoid 19 Km long trek to reach Kedarnath for Darshan. Some famous aviation companies like Pawan Hans, Pinnacle Air and other Aviation offer their Helicopter services in this area and these services are available from Phata / Sersi/ Guptakashi Helipad.
Some famous places to visit during your Kedarnath trip
- The beautiful Gandhi Sarovar
- Peaceful and pleasant place Ukhimath
- An emerald lake Devriya Tal
- The picturesque Guptkashi
- The famous Gaurikund Hot water
- The ancient Shankaracharya Samadhi
How to get Kedarnath Temple?
By Flight: The nearest airport to Kedarnath is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, which is located at a distance of 238 km. Buses and taxis are easily available from the airport to Gaurikund. Kedarnath is only 14 kilometres away from Gaurikund.
By Train: You can only get to Kedarnath by train until Rishikesh railway station.Beyond this, you can reach Gaurikund by taking a taxi. Rishikesh is 216 kilometres from Kedarnath.
By Road : Gaurikund is the area closest to Kedarnath. Interstate and intrastate bus services are available from here. These buses connect with Chamoli, Srinagar, Tehri, Pauri, Rishikesh, Dehradun, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Haridwar, and many other places.
Route : Haridwar – Sonprayag – Kedarnath- Rudryaprayag - Haridwar
Duration : 04 Days 03 Nights
Stating Point : Haridwar
Ending Point : Haridwar
- Pick up & Drop at Haridwar/ Dehradun Airport, Railway Station, Bus Stand & Sightseeing by Ac /Non Ac Private Car.
- Accommodations and MAP (Breakfast + Dinner) as per the itinerary
- State Tax, Hotel Tax, and Driver Charges
- All toll taxes, parking charges, driver’s allowances
- Any kind of Air, Train or Bus fare from your originating city of stay, unless specified.
- Helicopter Tickets for Kedarnath Darshan.
- Item of personal nature- tips, laundry, room service, telephone, alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, room heaters, boat rides, pony / horse rides, safaris, rafting, skiing, skating, cable car / ropeway rides, helicopter rides, additional sightseeing tours excursions not included in the itinerary, still or video camera fees etc.
- Monuments or Garden entrance fees and guide charges, wherever applicable.
- Medical and travel insurance.
- Personal meals and personal expenses like entry tickets, telephone, laundry or anything which is not mentioned in the inclusions.